So today I couldn't find the time to exercise (though I did find time to take a nap and watch 30 rock).....but I did stay under my 36 points. In fact...I have 16.5 points left right now at 11:37 p.m.!
For breakfast I had a bowl of shredded wheat with splenda and fat free milk. 3 points.
For lunch I had stir fry broccoli and mushrooms and one cup of grapes. 4.5 points.
For dinner I had leftover taco salad (the last of it) and a 100-calorie klondike bar. 12 points.
I started this weight loss because I was scheduled for a surgery rotation in clinicals. The last time my instructor tried to schedule me in surgery, I was unable to go into surgery because the scrubs the hospital provides were too small. How embarassing right?! it was pretty bad. So when I found out I was going back to surgery, in a different hospital with bigger scrubs, I decided I may as well try and lose some weight. I am in surgery now and the biggest scrubs they have are 3x and the pants are a little too tight for my comfort, but at least I was able to pull them up past my hips. I hope to have lost about 40 pounds by graduation in June.
Friday, January 23, 2009
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


Hi!
ReplyDeleteI came over to this site from Jericho's, and wanted to say hello! I know just what you are going through with the scrubs. I could never fit the hospital scrubs either, and ended up having to buy and bring my own. :(
I did have one comment though....I have been around the WW board for a VERY long time, and if there is one thing that I have learned, it is that not eating all of your points will actually make you lose weight more slowly. I know it is weird, but I have seen people say this time and time again when they ate under points. It seems like it should make you lose faster, but what happens is your body slows down its metabolism because it is sensing that it isn't getting enough calories to maintain, so it shuts down.
If you are really having trouble getting the points in, add some peanut butter, or full-fat cheese, or something that brings the points up without empty calories. I'll bet you see the weight start flying off! Especially if you are excising along with it. Go Jannie! Good luck! :)
Thanks, Sue! I will remember that. It does make sense. And don't you worry about me not being able to eat all my points...I assure you... food is never a shortage around here! :)
ReplyDeleteAn regarding the scrubs, I offered to buy my own scrubs for surgery (it's a graduation requirement that we go through surgey), but my instructors insisted it was not necessary, that they would put me somewhere else that would have scrubs to fit. I was so nervous about the scrubs situation before this current rotation in surgery that a few days before I went to surgery my instructor got me the biggest scrubs they had at the hospital and let me try them on. That did relieve me a great deal. But lemme tell ya...if they were half an inch any smaller... I'd be in the same situation as before.
Well I guess that is a good incentive to keeping at it, eh? I hate the feeling of just Barely fitting in something. :) You are doing great though...just keep it up! :)
ReplyDeleteThanks again Sue!
ReplyDelete