Weight loss ticker

Thursday, January 15, 2009

frustration

So last night I did not work or study like I'd hoped to. Well...perhaps "hope" is the wrong word. More like... "like I was supposed to." I decided I was too pooped to do anything useful and read a trashy novel instead. Did I mention I got to go to bed by 10:00 p.m.? The only thing that makes me happier than going to bed early is waking up late. The two combined is my definition of social splendor.

I did not get up at 5:00 a.m. like I was supposed to. I decided to sleep in... why bother getting up when you can sleep late?! Besides...it's cold! I did walk around walmart this afternoon (twice actually... that's so southern of me...two trips to walmart within 4 hours). While I did not exercise (like I was supposed to) I did clench my butt checks together while I walked around the store (not to keep anything from escaping my butt mind you). Oh and I did walk like 0.3 miles to the end of the street to get Abby off the bus. Part of that was uphill. Ahem...thankyouverymuch.

It is currently 9:50 p.m. and I have 8 points left. I have done well today. Lots of teriyaki veggies and good stuff. Though I am sure my sodium level is through the roof as my lips still tingle from the sauce. WW does not count sodium...so I am guessing this is a pittfall. I dunno. I am no nutritionist.

This evening has been a frustrating one. My mother waited with Abby at swim practice. I was supposed to drop her off and go home to work (today being the last day of the pay period and all). Instead I stopped by JCPenney to look for some shoes for clinicals that didn't make the act of sawing off my own feet at the ankle a less painful option at the end of the day. I did find some shoes. Lets hope they work. I have spent a small fortune trying to find shoes that will suit concrete floors. I threw fashion out the window months ago. Of course Goody's is going out of business and so I had to check out any sales they may have. Before you know it...an hour has passed and I have not gone home yet nor worked any. Why am I putting this in a weight loss blog you are asking yourself no doubt. Well..the answer is simple...I just thought it was important for my readers (all 2 of you) to know that I was clenching my buttocks all day today. All that time walking and shopping and not studying or working... I was clenching. (damnit...I still feel guilty...even after my confession )

So now...here I sit.. with 8 points left (my one and only victory today). I am finally working and will be for another 45 minutes or so. I must admit this has been a most unproductive shift as I spent 45 minutes editing a chart (and then 20 minutes writing this), the software program forgets to do its job and everything freezes. So I lose all my work and I have to reboot. The job that I was in locks into the system until about 45 minutes later when it finally releases it again for me to start all over from square one. Ain't technology grand?

I sit here and think about my mouth and how much trouble it gets me into. Not just concerning food. Today in class I was feeling goofy and silly. I was having fun with my classmate in the library. My instructor comes over. She is the definition of a southern baptist woman....so polite and nice and full of manners and grace. A thank you note for everything-type woman. She instructed me to answer a question on the computer which turned out to be wrong. We laughed about it and I told her "okay Sandra!" I am having guilt now for disrespecting her by calling her by her first name and I have no sweets to eat to make me feel better. I am sure she didn't take offense... but I still feel bad. It was funny in my head. Damn social rules.

Okay now I am just rambling. I cannot believe I've gone on so long about something other than what this blog is supposed to be about.

Welcome to my brain.

2 comments:

  1. Once again, we're talking about your buttocks. CLENCH!!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. my buttocks are the topic of many conversations...not sure if that is a good thing or not!

    ReplyDelete