Weight loss ticker

Wednesday, January 14, 2009

I cooked! and it was good....

I managed to haul my sorry buttocks out of bed this morning and do my 3 mile walk dvd...
I yawned all day long today but I was up this morning and did it!

I ate a decent breakfast of shredded wheat and hard boiled egg whites... the yolk is yucky.

For lunch I had a caesar salad and some leftover pasta roni and one clementine. I love those little guys.

For dinner... I actually created something tasty and fresh in my very own kitchen! this sort of thing doesn't happen often...like eclipses and me getting laid. I made a low-sodium teriyaki chicken with mushrooms and broccoli. It tasted too good to to be low fat, but according to WW..I did good! The weird thing is that the chicken cost me the most points, which I don't get why chicken would cost so much. Perhaps I am not doing something right?

After dinner, to satiate my sweet tooth I had one of those 100 calorie klondike bars worth 2 points. I did this also to avoid eating any more of those glorious peanut butter chocolate chip cookies. It didn't work. I ate the klondike bar and the LAST THREE cookies. I am relieved there are no more. They will be missed, but it was for the best.

So now it's 6:22 p.m. eastern, and I have 1.5 points left and I will probably be up until 11:00 p.m. Night time is an especially bad time for me. I get stressed in the evenings and tend to want to eat to feel better about it.

All that is left to do tonight is work 3-4 hours, study my buttocks off (wow..I've made two references to my buttocks thus far... that's impressive! and maybe even a little sad) and draw a diagram of the cell (what is this? 3rd grade?!)

and just out of curiosity... when is the best time to weigh yourself? when are you the most heavy? I had this knowledge once before, but I forgot. By the time I'd gotten home this afternoon I weighed 6 pounds less than this morning. I know better than to take this seriously (as I mentioned previously, my scale is bipolar), but I do wonder when are you heaviest/lightest?

3 comments:

  1. I agree with Boris - listen to Boris!

    As for the chicken thing, well, it's the WW diet philosophy.

    Weight loss boils down to a simple concept: eat fewer calories than you burn. How you get there is how diets differ.

    WW is big on low fat. Chicken is fattier than turkey. I bet if you check your points, turkey is lower on the scale than chicken. On WW you can eat bread and fruit and you can eat all the veggies you want - if I remember correctly.

    Atkins is nearly the opposite on all these points. In the first stage of Atkins, there's no bread or fruit and nearly no veggies. Yet, you can have chicken, with the skin on! It's all about eliminating carbs.

    You can lose weight on both diets. Matter of fact, most studies show that all diets average out in the end.

    Don't sweat it. Don't think it. Just keep doing what you are doing. You'll do great!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Weigh in the morning, before you eat/drink. We usually do it on Friday mornings, once a week. One thing: You might lose more inches than pounds at times. It will mess with your head, but it is true. Keep at it, senorita! Well done, so far.

    ReplyDelete